Projects & Programmes
OSSAP-SDGs CONDITIONAL GRANT SCHEME (CGS)
The Conditional Grants Scheme is a programme in which State and Local Governments are availed the opportunity to access funds annually from the Federal Government’s share of the Debt Relief Gains.
The Federal Government intervention is by way of making financial grants available to State and Local Governments in a clearly designed conditional partnership agreement where the States and/or Local Governments contribute equal amounts (i.e. fifty percent from Federal Government Conditional Grants and fifty percent as cash counterpart contribution from the State Government and/or Local Government) for the execution of projects in line with the objectives of the SDGs.
Gombe State Government has however been passionate about it however been passionate about the development initiatives of the SDGs and have been contributive in the endorsement and counter-funding projects across the Local Governments in the state.Federal Government Conditional Grants and fifty percent as cash counterpart contribution from the State Government and/or Local Government) for the execution of projects in line with the objectives of the Defunct MDGs through the contemporary SDGs.
Implemented Projects so far under the MDGs/SDGs Conditional Grant Scheme
On health initiatives as provided for by Millennium Development Goal 5 & 6, Gombe State project support Unit set out on the following projects through indigenous contractors and professional consultants.
- Construction of Basic Health Centres across the 11 Local Government Areas of Gombe State.
- Renovation of Health Centres
- Supply of Medical /Hospital equipments and drugs
- Training and recruitment of Village Health Workers.
On MDGs Goal 2/SDGs Goal 4; Ensuring Universal Basic Education. Gombe State Project Support Unit embarked on the following Projects across the 11 Local Government Areas:
- Construction of classroom blocks.
- Renovation of dilapidated classroom blocks in some LGAs
- Provision of Class Room furniture.
On implementation of MDGs Goal 7 and SDGs Goal 6, the Project Support Unit (PSU) embarked on the following rural based projects:
- Construction of hand pump boreholes
- Construction of Motorized Solar Powered Boreholes.
- Construction of VIP Toilets.
- Re-roffing of Gombe Main Abattoir
- Cleaning of Gombe Main Abattoir
In Implementing MDGs Goal 1 and SDGs Goal 1 & 2 the Gombe Project Support Unit (PSU) carried out the following:
- Agric-Exention Workers
- Education Marshals
- Women Empowerment